Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Open letter to Couch to 5K...

Dear C2 5K,

  I've missed you, and so have my thighs and calves.

I lied...my thighs and calves have taken this break and run with it (not literally of course!)  They've celebrated like there was no tomorrow.  The truth is, you make me feel old...and tired...and sore in places I never knew I had.  Heck, you make my 20-something year old friends feel old!  They now have bunions and bursitis thanks to you...didn't Aunt Bee have those on Andy Griffith?

  But really, I've missed you.

It's all Dr. Bowman's fault.  He said, "Sherri, no more running the rest of this week or next week until you can breathe easier and the pollen count is lower."  Who knew this would be the 2 weeks in which you would accelerate from little 5 minute jogs to 20 minute marathons?  Sadly, you left me behind.

  Even so, I missed you.

I have a plan for us to meet again...it's all right here on my iPod.  This time we'll go at my pace...okay?  We'll be best friends again...just let me finish this last piece of Toll House Pie!

1 comment: