Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I have a confession...

I'm a tan-aholic - there - I said it!  Whew that's such a weight off my very brown chest.  It seems I just can't help myself.  Maybe it's like those folks who have that body dysmorphic disorder and only see themselves as hideously ugly...only I see myself as blindingly white.  Sadly, along with losing weight, it becomes harder to tan as you get older.  Maybe it's my skin's way of saying, "For the love of all that's good, haven't you dried out and wrinkled me enough already?"


I do finally realize it's time to take a day or two off the tan-cycle when my sweetest little student asked, "Mrs. Sherri, are you Mexican like me?"  (Note: she's never heard of politically correct and doesn't see the need to be called Hispanic.)  Yep, it's time to "step away from the tanning bed." as my sister would say, but really... it's the best sleep I get all day!

2 comments:

  1. i loved this. i will tan vicariously through you! a bout with skin cancer last year this time has me away from the sun and tanning beds :(

    ReplyDelete